Natural ways of inducing labor at home

Congratulations Wolfwind! So happy for you :biggrin:

Née, I got as far as getting the lid off…then felt like I would puke and put the lid back on…I guess baby didnt like the idea. I have heard mixed results from the caster oil, so I guess try it, the rubbing it on the belly seems like a good idea, it’s relaxing, yet stimulating…encouraging you to relax and baby to move could be a great combination.
In the end I had three natural births that were easy by general standards so even though my babies needed some encouragement to start coming out, I got them out my way in the end. No regrets, happy experiences overall.
I can also say that I could physically feel the benefits of walking during late pregnancy. My reluctant to come out babies were still sitting very low and right way…down. So walk and then massage :biggrin:

Thanks, everybody! Nee, I have no idea how or why the castor oil rub is supposed to work. I didn’t notice any smell, it was room temperature so it felt slightly cool, I rubbed it in and then put a warm rice bag on it, so it might have been massage and heat more than the castor oil itself. Or just a coincidence! But I’m glad she came out when she did. Mandab, natural labor with an induction is amazing! I was so scared of induction because I’ve heard horror stories about it; I’m glad to hear something positive.

Another important thing is to avoid stress. Because it makes birth difficult for obvious reason; when mammals are stress that is because they perceive some risks so it is not the right time to give birth. Well, I hope I express myself well.

Two ideas.

Primrose oil. My midwife just uses the gel capsules from Wal-Mart. She pierced it, and then put it under the rim of my cervix. Then you lay on your side for an hour. Wear a pad, because some of it will leak out. I know some people take PO orally, and other people just put it in their vagina overnight, but not pierced or as specifically placed.

Stairs. Walk up and down the stairs a couple of times, so that you have a contraction. Set a timer for five minutes. In exactly five minutes, do it again, so that you have a contraction. Repeat for an hour or two. It can be hard work, but what it does is, by having such precise contractions from the exercise, it can fool your body into thinking that you’re in labor and get things started.

Neither of these ideas will work unless your body is ready for labor anyway. It’s not inducing labor as much as nudging it. I have used both of these techniques with success. Good luck!

Thanks you so much for the information. It is very helpful. Sex? that was cool but I am afraid of it. Although many said it is safe but? :wub: With my first baby, the only thing that I used was castor oil for labor induction. Two weeks before my due date I drunk it with mixed of juices. It worked for me although your doctor needs to approve it. It was highly recommended to me by a friend since it has pure natural oil and plenty of health benefits.