Math - giving wrong answer phenomenon

By the way, in the download section for Little Reader, under Math, there are Mortensen Math files you can use, in a Doman style teaching, so to speak. They are made by Rachel NZ, and start with “Mortensen Math Blocks…”. You can also find them easily in the recently added files in the right sidebar of the forum.

One thing that is very important to remember, that unlike many other parts of early learning, math is not a brain function.
In early learning we mostly use the functions of the brain and make sure the input is not random but planned - and so we enhance the speed and quality of learning.
In math we can’t do only that. So it takes much more repetition and following the designed steps in a specific way. In my experience Doman math works well if you do it right. The level your kid gets to will greatly depend though on your own abilities in math. I personally feel Doman math works best in the early years when you can’t use too many other things to teach amounts and basic addition etc. It has to be reviewed often though. From the age of anywhere after 12 months mixing in/changing to montessori is an effective way to go.
This allows kids a new way of using their knowledge. They also learn different parts of math not only arithmetic, such as how long is a meter, what is a cubic centimeter etc.
Doman’s way of dealing with story math problems and teaching negative numbers is also amazingly effective, I taught parents to use it even with their school aged kids and it helped.
I never used Mortensen, but it sounds like a great method too.
SEMAS math is also great for arithmetic if you have in your area - working with the abacus.

And as in any part of early learning: too many direct questions kill the fun for your kid and he/she will decide to kill the fun for you by being boring in their answers!

I have recently seen an infographic with some tips for parents on how they can help their kids with studying. It is not easy still, but at least some hints that can make the life of teaching parents easier.

Congratulation for the successful working of the brill kids.