Laminator suggestions?

There is book tape avaliable, but I found it at the hardware store it is the clear tape that has thread running through it. It works great, then just tape the cover on in the inside like a door heng. Also you can use liquid nail is comes in a cocking tube from the hardware store, it is for plastic as well. It works great too, and it dries clear.

At walmart the paper is where the shelf lining paper is, it normally is near the bottom of the shelf, it is also called book protector or scrapbooking cover.

Hi Mother of Faith, thank you for your response. I am having problems picturing this binding, do you run the tape between each page?

If you get the tape wide enough, you can wrap the tape around the first and last pages of the book. The inside pages should stick, but if it doesn’t then you can use the liquid nail to secure, the inside pages, (just in the middle of the inside pages and secure to the tape. I hope this helps

Bumping these answers for Tracy. There are also a few other threads on this subject, search “laminators” (I would search “laminaters” too just in case) so you can review previous responses as well as get some current recommendations.

Thanks for bumping the thread. It looks like I might stick with using packaging tape to laminate my flash cards. I still may get a laminator for other things but it looks like using one for flashcards can get mighty expensive. Especially since my daughter learns so many words at a time.

I posted this on the other thread but also wanted to share it here:

We have Royal Sovereign Multi-purpose commercial laminator. It is $129 but such an awsome investment. I have had mine for 3 years and never had a problem. I think I got it cheaper than this though at Sams club. But I have never had any problems with this. It is 13" wide so you can even use 11" x 11" bit cards through it.

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/electronics-for-home-and-travel/royal-sovereign-apl330u-13-multi-purpose-commercial-laminator-with-50-piece-starter-set

I usually buy the “menu” size. 12" x 18" that way you can even do bit cards if you want. Or you can do a bunch of word cards or flash cards and then cut it up when you are done laminating. Sometimes after I cut it I even run it through again to really seal the edges.

http://www.amazon.com/Laminating-Pouches-thermal-laminator-pockets/dp/B003SQBY7Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1299914493&sr=1-3

My nanny uses it all the time to make things for the kids to go on the wall and also to protect flash cards. It’s great also for writing sheets so they can use erasable markers and use it again and again.

I bought my laminator from target for $29.99 and I think I paid $10 for 50 Lamination sheets for $10 (they were on sale I think normally they are $14.99). It was the cheapest hot press Laminator they had. The Scotch TL901. It laminates up 81/2" x 14". So far it has lasted me 2 years and I haven’t had many problems with it. It doesn’t get as hot as other laminators I have worked with (but hot enough to make a great seal) and even has a release button just in case there is a jam. So far my laminations have taken a pretty good beating from both of my toddlers and are still holding up.

I decided to give my sister’s Scotch laminator and see how it goes. Good to know that the laminating from the machine holds up.

I forgot to mention that I use the 3mil lamination pouches because they are much cheaper than the 5mil. They are a little bit thinner than the 5mil, but it works for me.They are inexpensive and even though they will sometimes wrinkle if the kids are particularly rough with them. I can always run them through the laminator and that usually straightens them out again.