Homeschooling using A Beka

Hey Chris,

Those were very thought provoking. Thanks for the links.

I have used A Beka and some children loved it and some hated it. Also I use ACE Ministries as well. I like ACE for High Schoolers a little better. If you want to move away from the paper and books and etc, there is a good site that we use for Toddler to Kindergaten www.abcmouse.com and for 1-8th we use www.time4learning.com and then for highschoolers we use ACE. You can find A Beka books at ebay, half.com and so on for a lot cheaper, and remember to save the books use plastic sheet protectors or plastic book dividers to write on with a dry erase marker, so you can reuse the books and or sale them again.As far as the right curricula for a child, remember each child is different and the curricula should meet the needs of the child and not the teacher. However, the teacher needs to be comfortable with the content. If a curriculum doesn’t allow the teacher to advance or decrease the level then you may want to think about a differnet curricula, being versatile in the level of content is important so the children will not get bored or frustrated.

Thanks for the posts! I have tried several home based programs for my small playgroup of 6 students. I contacted the [url]International Preschool Curriculum[http://www.internationalpreschoolcurriculum.com] to see if they have a homeschool prorgam. Although they have strict accreditation requirements, they will be offering a home based program shortly.