Hello Everyone - From Judy Mendes

Whichever way you find the easiest. I prefer pc b/c you can do it much faster and easier.

As I have a little problem here, I have been flashing on pc for abt a month n recently try to ask my child when I lift up two words, where is the word … He will either grap both or touch the wrong one. So I am thinking I must have done wrong somewhere. I know I shouldn’t test him. I think will listen to your advise, will continue to flash on pc as it is really so so much easier. and do up some physical cards also. May be I input more and in future will see some results.

Thanks again

How old is your child?

Hi Judy.

It really sounds like you’ve done a great job. Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us.

Teresa.

Hi luckymommy1307
I feel you are doing a good job, and continue doing.
I can totally relate to you, as i went thru the same phase with my daughter.

You could refer to the below links where are shared my views on the same topics

You could refer to all my post on this page as to why we shouldnt worry when our child doesnt show the right words or numbers
http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-to-read/reading-success/new/?topicseen

Your could also refer to the below link on Problem Solving Techniques
Its the 3rd post on this page

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-to-read/problem-solving-glenn-domain/msg19958/?topicseen

Also i have attached my sample excel sheet requested in one of your post

Thanks Teresa

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Dear Judy,

How are you and yours? I have been busy with multiple projects and just finished my planning sheet for the 200 words with 5 words/set - and retiring a word/introducing a word per day. And I am setting up categories of Day 1 Set 1, Day 1 Set 2, Day 1 Set 3, Day 1 Set 4, Day 1 Set 5; etc. to Day 44 Set 5 with the corresponding words in each set.

Now that I am focusing on planning the couplets, I was wondering how you came up with the formula of 10 couplets/week * 4 weeks? I know the 10 couplets/week is in the book - but the four weeks? Just curious. And the same question for phrases/sentences also, please?

Thanks.
Ayesha :slight_smile:

HI Judy

I thought it was going to be nearly impossible to continue with this program when I went back to work. But you have really inspired me! Your Excel spreadsheet is fantastic, well done!!! I am l;ooking forward to your BIT cards too!

thanks again for sharing :biggrin:

Thanks a lot Judy. The excel is so useful. Karma to u…

Hi everyone

I’m Jade I have an 11 months daughter and a 9 year old son. I’m excited to begin this learning process with our baby. Planning on using LR computer programme and eventually progress to LM the homemade dot card. I just have to make them. If the cards are available to buy anywhere please do let me know?

All the best

Thank you.

Hello and Welcome!