Etiquette Classes for your child

Hi Joan,

Just to let you know that Image Flair has a on-going etiquette classes if you are interested. I have signed up for my child together with her classmates . My child enjoys the class and wants more of it. The class size not more than 6 .

Cheers,

Wanni08

im new into singapore, and into this site too. I would like to know ur feedback on this etiquette class. My little one is just 3 and half-will sh be able to pick up what they teach there?

Hi Wanni08,

Thanks! How many classes did your child take? How much is it? I teach manners to my son everyday. In some areas he has improved greatly, however other areas there seems to be no improvements.

Joan

Hi ,

My child has attended the 2 days class. I was skeptical at first that how can a child learn anything within 2 days. My child is shy and never greet anyone when she sees them. I signed her up because I have friends mentioned about Image Flair and had gone to the website. I read about Eunice and her media coverage so I thought why not let me child go for the short classes.

After the first lesson,I brought my child home and that day I have invited my collegues to come to our house.
For the first time, my child greeted all my friends . I was so touch and happy.

I asked her what makes her do that…she said she learnt from the class that day and she likes the class .

I have shared this with other parents and have formed a group for the on-going classes. The class will start in April.

I understand that Image Flair does have a class for 3-5 years old. why not call Eunice and I believe she will share with you more details.

Hope this helps.

Wanni08

Hi Wanni08,

Thanks I’ve just spoken with Eunice. It’s a little pricey. I’ll have to talk to my husband first.
Joan

Hi Joan,

What’s your budget like for such classes…As for me, it is value for money. Why not you try to form a group of 5 and yours will be free. Did you read that in the website?

Wanni08

Hi Wanni08,

Thanks for the info. I missed that part. Great idea, now I just have to find another 5 parents…

Joan

Dear Everyone,

I posted a thread sometime ago on the same topic that you may find useful:

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-other-topics/the-gift-of-manners-andgt/

• Ayesha :slight_smile:

Very good thread.
Other than everyday thank you’s and greetings etc we never thought of doing anything additional. This thread just showed us the different ways of teaching manners. THanks! :slight_smile:

Parents, Brothers / sisters are the best and first trainers on etiquette, at home. Children see and follow what we do in front of them. They repeat what we say & do.

We pray in morning after bath, bow to elders, wash hands after having food… and so on, which our daughter started doing without being instructed to do so. But definitely we had to teach her a lot other things which she didnt do by herself. Many times she needed to be reminded, which she had grasped immediately, but forgot later on.

It is a continuous practise, which we too have to do and follow regularly, in case we want our child to do so. Else, even classes would not help.

I agree with Vinod, the home is the best place to start teaching etiquette and manners. I don’t think you need expensive classes, you could easily borrow a book from the library and teach correct etiquette from the book, which will save you money. I believe thats what Domanmom did.