Doman Math Schedule with equatons

hi heath!
the two programs i looked into were Shiller Math and Dr. Jones Geniuses. i don’t have the link on hand, you can easily find them through a google search. the assessment test if from Shiller.
i just spent about 2 hours on the phone with dr. jones himself and was VERY IMPRESSED! he has a PhD in education specializing in accelerated learning and is very up on the subject. he answered all my questions about doman/shichida… a WEALTH of information. he GETS it… and us :yes: so i think he is right up everyone’s alley. and the nice thing is this is something to do while you’re doing LM/LR. it just goes further. the REALLY nice thing is that you can take online classes with HIM, so if you have any questions about your teaching techniques, his program, etc. he can answer all your questions! wow! that’s what sold me. i know there are times when i just need some guidance from an expert…

i have decided to do his program. i’ll let you know how that goes.
take a look and tell us what you think!
take care,’
the doc :clown:

Hi Doc

Thanks for sharing. I checked out the web sites briefly and they are very interesting.

http://www.shillermath.com/sm/home.php?src=index.htm

http://jonesgeniuses.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=30

Keep us posted on how the program is going

Heath.

I’m also looking Dr Jones’ program. Like I said earlier we are doing Math U See, but we did 17 of the 30 lessons 3.5 months. I like that his thought on my is that it should not take 5-6 years to learn basic math. And that kids learn to do mental math. I don’t want my son to be terrified of divison like I am. I have someone from there calling me back on Monday. I haven’t decided yet.

Do they go in parallel with LR/LM? At what age would you start the program and how is it schedule?

hi there!
sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. my mom is really sick, so i’m not online as much as a normally am…
in any event, depending upon how old your child is, i would get about 2/3 the way through LM/LR before starting dr. jones math. the reason is, you really work on learning the 44 different sounds of english as well as work on learning numbers 1-20, and addition /subtraction with a number line (no dots) and then work from there. the youngest age he recommends is 2, but because of doman, LR/LM and everything else, we have started early (15 mo.) i’m not pushing it or doing it as intensely as he recommends, but she is picking it up fast. we’re also doing LR/LM for sight words. seems to be going well as she can recite the alphabet and knows almost all of the sounds including long and short vowels, hard and soft c. we’re just now working on the double vowel sounds like the oo look, ph of phesant, etc. and she is 16 mo. i’m impressed with the program. and like i said he is always available for guidance, etc.
worth the $200 for sure! also, it keeps going. until they are like 16 if you want. that’s good, too!
good luck!
xoxo
the doc :clown:

Sorry for your mom DrPrimo, I hope she gets better.
Do not forget to keep posting when you follo w the program.
Thanks