Christmas presents: are you making some yourself?

This is gift that it will last forever.
http://olivesandpickles.blogspot.com/2011/10/handmade-christmas-present.html
py

Once again it is that time again and this year I am going with felt toys, and handmade tote bags for presents. i love making things out of felt. This year it is felt educational books, and felt toys. We have the Bible People Dress Me Up Doll Book with his/hers clothing, we have Kids of Courage Multi-cultural Dress Me Up Book, and then last we have Career People Dress Me Up Doll book. We have asked our teen co-op members to create and design their own line of clothing for the dolls. It is turning out great! We also are making shape game toys for the smaller kids, and construction toys for the boys. By LO’s love playing with the dress me up doll book even though they are boys.

what is everyone else working on this year?

This year’s theme is games/puzzles. For my Brother in Law I am making a Bean Bag Toss. I am going to make the bean bags from wheat we grew and sew the wheat into old quilt scraps I have in the house. That is the easy part. My Dad is helping me make the wooden frames from some scrap 2x4s and some reclaimed laminate. I have the materials set aside, now just to find the time to make it.

I like the idea of some felt puzzles, I just need to clarify the idea in my head and search for supplies.

When will I find the time to make this projects??? Sometime in the middle of the night when I am suppose to be sleeping :slight_smile:

This is the first year I am making Christmas gifts but these are for the adults. I have made flower pot pens for all the kids various coaches and teachers and they were so well received I will make them for all those difficult nanas, aunties etc. The instructions are simple and my kids 6,8 did most of it. You need to paint a .small terra-cotta pot and fill it with beans or little smooth rocks. Take the top end off a pen and and insert a fake flower using a hot melt glue to stick it in firmly. Then wrap the pen with green florest tape. When it’s dry put 5 flower pens into each pot and wrap with cellophane.it looks like a bunch of fake flowers but it’s useful and pretty and their hubby’s won’t Steel the pens! if you don’t understand google it for pictures :slight_smile: in Australia it cost me about $5 for each one but I didn’t shop around at all and the kids loved the craft project.
When I was little my dad made us a set of large blocks for outside use in the sandpit (which was actually a pile of gravel) he made it from house framing pine lengths pulls from skip bins at a house being built next door. We loved the blocks so much I have a request for him to treat my kids to some soon. It’s a simple cut and sand job and we used those blocks for over 10 years!