Basic guidelines when teaching Chinese to children under eight

I don’t have wink to learn chinese dvd’s flashcards…I saw on youtube some few samples.I am teaching my toddler chinese. we are using LR and also Little Pim.
Can you please give me some better ideas about this two products? What is the difference between Little Pim and wink to learn besides the colour coded?
Which want you prefer and why?
I am just trying to get more ideas to keep teaching my daughter a language I don’t speak…thank you :yes:

Dear PY,

Thank you very much for your kind enquiry. Yes indeed, you have a very valid concern. WINKtoLEARN: Speak & Read Chinese 6-DVDs set is focused on helping your child to learn Chinese systematically in a very organized manner. The key difference of our program is that this series of DVDs are based on flashcard-learning methods.

Apart from this, we also ensure that non-Chinese speaking families and parents have a very easy time learning from our DVDs. Why is it so?

1 - All the words and phrases taught within the DVDs are clearly represented and associated to a real-life picture or video. This means that parents would have no difficulties understanding the vocabulary.

2 - For all online orders, we will include a free parents’ guide. This instructional book is very important as it contains the English translation for all the words/phrases and sentence taught within the DVDs.

3 - This parents’ guide also include the phonics of all the Chinese words/phrases and sentences taught. This aids parents in better pronunciation.

I hope that these information is useful to you. Lastly, we are pleased to inform you that we ship worldwide free of charge regardless of order value. This is the current online promotion ongoing till mid-Feb.

Any updates as to when the traditional Chinese version will be released? I was told originally that the release date was Dec 2009 then it was pushed back to the end of January 2010. Also, will the entire 6-DVD set be available all at once or will it be one DVD at a time? I hope it will finally be released in time for me to take advantage of the free shipping promo!

Dear aangeles,

Thank you so much for your kind enquiry. We apologise for the delay in our product launch. Over the past few months, the product development team had been extremely busy with the production and launch of our new animal DVD series. The full range will be made available by next week. Currently they had embarked on the final stage of the revised edition for our Speak & Read Chinese series. For sure, all the 6 DVDs will be launched together at the same time and we will notify you via email immediately.

Since you are interested in the Chinese series, please feel free to take a look at our Animal chinese DVDs. These DVDs contain both simplified and traditional Chinese. http://www.winktolearn.com/educational-dvds/wink-to-learn-animal-dvds

If there is anything else that we are able to assist, please feel free to let us know. We are here to serve you better.

Hello Wink to Learn people! I just signed up at your site. I am confused: in the left side menu it says Free International Shipping by Air… it appears to be all the time? And then in the right menu it says that there is a Free Shipping special only until Feb 15. Is it always free shipping, or only for the next week or two? Or is the special the white tiger dvd added on top of the regular offer of free shipping?

thankyou for clarifying!

Dear wenjonggal,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. The 15th Feb promotion is indeed a Free Threatened Species DVD for online purchases above S$80. As for the free international shipping, we had already shifted the liner to the bottom. Hopefully this avoids confusion like you had kindly highlighted.

If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to contact us.

Dear Dads and Mums,

Thank you very much for your kind patience with us. I am thrilled to inform you that we had recently launched our Speak & Read Chinese flashcard-based 6-DVDs (Enhanced Version). First question: What’s the differences or improvements?

• This set of 6-DVDs contains separate flashcard lessons for 3 formats of Chinese used in different parts of the world i.e.

(1) Simplfied Chinese format: commonly used in China and South East Asia
(2) Traditional Chinese with Standard pronunciation: commonly used in HK
(3) Traditional Chinese with Taiwaness pronunciation: commonly used in Taiwan

This is the only Chinese flashcard-based program which gives this amount of freedom and flexibility.

• There are 48 lessons compared to our previous version of 36 lessons. This means 30% more contents!

• Out of these 48 lessons, there are more than 20 lessons end with a Chinese children song which is in sync with the particularly thematic lessons. Check out website for free preview videos (http://winktolearn.com/component/content/article/224). Seeing is believing.

• Better sound quality and more accurate pronunciation

We had tested the lessons on a large group of children. The results is fabulous!!!

The next question: How about those customers that had bought our Speak & Read series previously. Believe it or not! We are doing a 1-to-1 replacement for you! Hurraty! Email us at customerservice@winktolearn.com and we will assist you from thereon!

We are here to serve you better!