Are you homeschooling?

I would love to homeschool my DD but I hve two problems 1) my husband wont let me :tongue:
2) My DD really wants to go to school (She is at a Montessori school) and i asked her if he wanted to be homechooled and her response was "No thanks Mum I want to go to school’ HUMPF

We don’t plan to homeschool. Our plan is for them to both attend a private Montessori school until high school.

Our second choice is homeschooling.

I have participated in, but also want to in their spare time to learn a lot, but could not help myself calm down seriously to read, I do not know who is no good method. Thank you!

I really enjoyed that article. I plan on Homeschooling my children for as long as I can.

As a child I experienced going to public, private (christian) and homeschool. Homeschool was based on a set curriculum, based on the public school curriculum of the State of Queensland were our family was from originally. I must say out of all three I still enjoyed HS the best.

Growing up I always felt dumb because my brain wasn’t wired up to learn the way that school teaches us. I spent most of my early school years gazing out of windows or at walls. My mother who didn’t know any different, didn’t realise that the way things were being taught through repetition was just plain to slow and me having to read through copious amounts of information (in HS) was too boring. I was more of a hands on practical learner as well as an auditory learner. I noticed this for myself as I would be able to recall facts taught in classes of interest to me in Public High School for exams with no study at all. I began to realise that actully I was quite intelligent but had never understood the system. I also took a IQ test on the internet by a reputed website and found that I actaully had above average Intelligence.

I now know intellignece is so much more than recalling facts and have eagerly devoured books and other information regarding various aspects of the mind, how it works and focussing on a persons abilities and strengths, whenever they have come across my path. Since coming across this websight I feel I should have been a little more proactive in my research for my own future reference.

One book I thouroughly enjoyed was by Robert Kiyosaki titled “If you want to be rich and happy don’t go to school” He focused more on the pitfalls of the education system. How it didn’t prepare people for the practical aspects of life and how it trained people to think in only one way.